Top 10 Interesting Research Paper Topics You Can Discuss
Writing a research paper requires students to have a wide range of different skills; however, before being able to put those school skills into use, it is important to think of a good topic to write about in the first place. In fact, no matter how skilled you are as a writer, picking a good topic can make the work considerably easier, whereas picking a bad topic can make it very difficult to create an essay to a high standard.
Ultimately, when picking something to write about, there are various things that you need to consider. For example, you will need to ensure that the topic will be of interest to you, as well as to anyone that may read your work. Other things that you may wish to consider include how in-depth the topic is, and whether or not you will be able to write a comprehensive enough piece of work to satisfy any minimum word or page requirements that you may have been set.
In order to help with this, it can be a good idea to have some brainstorming activities, as well as using a system whereby you look at the pros and cons of each topic, so as to determine whether or not they would be suitable. To give you some idea of what topics might be suitable, there is a list of suggestions below.
- 1. What was the cause of the collapse of the Soviet Union?
- 2. Where life expectancies actually much lower in previous centuries (prior to the 20th century) or did other factors have an influence on the average life expectancy?
- 3. What has the West done to help developing countries in Africa in relation to Third World Debt?
- 4. How do marketing companies develop advertising campaigns?
- 5. An analyse of the history and future of Silicon Valley in the United States
- 6. How has the internet changed working patterns in the United States?
- 7. What impact did the economic challenges of the early 21st century have on the number of people who earn a living in freelance professions?
- 8. Analyse the number of students learning STEM subjects and what changes can be observed over the past fifty years?
- 9. To what extent are robots being used in the industrial sector and will artificial intelligence become reality in the near future?
- 10. How are laptop computers made and what challenges do computer programmers face?