Choosing A Human Rights Topic For A Research Paper
In order to write a really good research paper, it is important that you first think of a good topic to write about. For example, supposing you have been asked to write about human rights, then there are various things that you may wish to do in order to help you think of good title. In fact, human rights is an excellent topic, as there are plenty of different ideas that you can use to create a really interesting and thorough piece of work.
Choosing topics from the present or past
Firstly, you might wish to think about whether or not you choose a topic that is related to human rights in the present, or whether you look at historical ideas related to the topic. For example, you may wish to look at human rights in a particular country in the 21st century or, alternatively, you may wish to look at various dictatorial regimes from the 20th century or before, in order to outline various ideas, including human rights abuses during those eras.
Being respectful when carrying out any research
Of course, when writing about such a delicate subject is human rights, it is important when carrying out any research. This is particularly important if you are carrying out any questionnaires or interviews with people who may have had the human rights seriously violated. Likewise, it is important that you write about the subject in a way that doesn’t unnecessarily offend anyone. Some of the ideas below may give you an idea of what to write about.
- In what way do human rights different for the prison population of America in comparison with the rest of the population, and is it right for prisoners to be denied various rights?
- What laws are used in the European Union to ensure that citizens can enjoy basic human rights?
- What do we know about human rights violations carried out by the North Korean government?
- How can the United Nations and other international organizations help to ensure that people are afforded basic human rights?
- Compare and contrast the use of human rights laws in the 21st century to the 20th century
- How can governments prevent individuals from having human rights?
- What impact has the Internet had when it comes to people understanding and enforcing their human rights?
- What problems are faced by international courts when attempting to bring powerful individuals to justice, such as dictators and former world leaders?
- How effective is the United Nations when it comes to dealing with human rights abuses?
- What are human rights and should everyone be free to practice them?